The Atlantic City Paranormal Society is currently searching for historical data, photos and video of all of the Historic Key West Cemeteries and we are in the process of compiling the following information:
- Vintage photographs of people / families buried in any of the cemeteries in Key West (original images taken using film or developed directly from a negative or glass-plate negative, and old postcards) which we can create a reprint from.
- Historical video footage of people / families buried in any of the cemeteries in Key West (tape or reel-to-reel) which we can create a reprint from.
- Historical information and timelines of events which have taken place which has had an effect on the people or families buried in any of the historic Key West cemeteries. Including the history of the Key West Cemetery at its original location near West Martello Tower leading up to the hurricane of 1846 which washed dead bodies out of the coastal sand dunes on Whitehead Point leading to its establishment in 1847 at its current location on Solares Hill.
- Historical information on people who have either worked directly for or have contracted for work at any of the historic cemeteries in Key West.
- Historical information on people and/or families who are buried at any of the historic cemeteries in Key West.
Please email us at GhostHunter@AtlanticCityParanormalSociety.com with your details and historical data in regard to any of the Historic Key West Cemeteries and we will be happy to contact you or even meet with you to review your vintage photos and historical information. Any photos we decide to use will be listed to your credit in the book!
Historic Key West Cemeteries Book
Thank you for visiting our Historical Key West Cemetery Webpage!
is a non-profit
organization therefore all
This non-fiction book "Historic Key West Cemeteries" is a historical timeline complete with images and will span from just prior to the building of Saint Paul’s Episcopal Church and Cemetery around 1831 to present day and will cover all the major timelines of each of the 5 cemeteries which are located on the tiny little 2 mile by 4 mile island of Key West, as well as Ernest Hemingway’s Polydactyl Cat Cemetery and Blue Heaven Rooster Cemetery.
This book will also take you from the original burial ground of the Key West Cemetery located near the coastal sand dunes of Whitehead Point leading into the Great Havana Hurricane of 1846. A Category 5 hurricane which hit Cuba and then curved toward Florida where it maintained its intensity when it struck Key West. Graves were washed away and disinterred bodies and caskets were scattered throughout the island, so in 1847 the Key West Cemetery was established at its current location on Solares Hill which is in the center of Old Town and the highest elevation on the island. "Historic Key West Cemeteries" is due out around the end of 2014.
A division of FL non-profit corporation
Buy Ghost Hunting Gear
From ACPS Online
Our sister team
on Long Island
fill out the "Request Assistance" form
For Your Ghost Hunting Equipment!
For Paranormal Assistance in
All States Call Us